Informative and Adventurous GAP year!
IMPACT GAP 2020
AT IMPACT MISSION TRAINING, VAAL
THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:
To introduce and prepare young adults into ministry, missions and fulfilling their calling.
15 January – 20 March
31 March – 12 June
7 July – 18 September
29 September – 2 December
Attendees go home over holiday periods and weekends. Most public holidays are for Mission trips with the Impact Mission team.
Students are to be between the ages of 18 and 22 years of age and must have a valid passport.
Weekends are free time – they either attend to chores around the station, study, or their families can come down to Eden Manor (at a cost) and take care of them.
During this year they will complete and take part in the following:
- Life-saving course
- Do a CPR Course – Certificate
- Assist with all chores around the station
- Farming God’s Way project – Certificate
- Complete the Alpha Course – Certificate
- Theory Missions training course – Certificate
- Attend mission trips to Mozambique and other areas
- Attend a mission training weekend at the Drakensberg
- The Kairos Mission course – Certificate
- Complete the Kairos Facilitator course – Certificate
- Level 1 First Aid courses – Certificate
- Basic marketing and business management skills
Learn the basics of:
- Basic skills training
- Cooking on a budget
- Learn how to fund raise
- Practical cooking sessions
- Finances and budgeting
- Health and food / nutrition
- Basics of using Microsoft Office
- Crafts, music, dance, praise and worship
- Building and repairing with limited resources
- Basic event organising
- Maintenance and mechanical issues that may arise
- Assist with projects and events that take place at the mission station
Each day will be different, but may look like the following program:
- Quiet time and Bible reading
- Outdoor physical work at the project
- Each day will incorporate the above courses training
- Evenings will either be training or free time
- Once a month there will be an adventurous outing
- Each month there will also be opportunities for outreach trips and charity work
R45 000 for the year
R4500 pm for 10 months
R3750 pm for 12 months
To secure your booking, a non-refundable Admin deposit of R3000 which will include: Admin costs, files, notebook, pens and all printed materials and manuals and progress reports. As well as a welcome pack of a t-shirt, hoodie, cap, coffee mug, work gloves, umbrella and overall work top.
Each student can bring their own cold drink mix, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar for their room. Each student to have their own iPad or laptop
Outings & Entertainment
Included in above price are outings such as – abseiling, rafting, caving, excursions, hiking etc. Entrance and attendance included at the Impact Annual Young Adults Mission Conference.
Compulsory Missions training trip long weekend in April to the Drakensberg. Compulsory mission trip long weekend in September to Mozambique. Trips to other countries (not compulosry)
- Small tuck shop on site for sweet extras.
- Barge for river cruises
- Swimming pool
- Pool Table
- Games room
with pool table & darts
- Bicycle riding (bring own bikes)
- Braai area
- Gym area
- Mini soccer field
Staff we have available:
- 2 Pastors in attendance
- Dr in Behavioural Sciences to teach
- Teambuilding specialist
2 Conference Organisers
- A chef on hand to teach
- A Mechanical Engineer to teach
- Professional Dance and Singing instructress to teach
- Owners are very experienced Mission trainers
- Accredited adventure guide
Qualified Swimming Teacher to teach Life-saving
- Qualified Facilitators to teach theology courses
- Accredited CPR & First aid instructor
Mission training – what we teach
- Interns are welcome to join IMPACT for a 10 month commitment.
- Open to all ages and race.
- Free accommodation, only contribute towards food and assistance at the Mission Station.
- Assist with the training and care of the GAP year students.
- Join in on the mission trips and training of the students.
- Learn to Farm God’s Way to take into villages and rural areas as an outreach.
- Attend outreaches to locals, orphanages, cross border and other needs in the area.
082 855 0952