Informative and Adventurous GAP year!
IMPACT GAP 2022
AT IMPACT MISSION TRAINING, VAAL
Considering sending your child to a Christian GAP year? Take a look at what IMPACT offers:
THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:
To introduce young adults to the adventurous journey of having a deeper relationship with God and to explore their options for their future.
Terms will run almost the same as the school terms for 2022
Due to Covid, students may not go home for weekends, only holidays. Strict Covid rules are in place at Impact and students are expected to adhere.
Students are to be between the ages of 18 and 24 years of age.
They are welcome to partake in other personal courses while at Impact.
During this year they will complete and take part in the following:
- Life-saving course
- Do a CPR Course – Certificate
- Assist with all chores around the station
- Farming God’s Way project – Certificate
- Complete the Alpha Course – Certificate
- Theory Missions training course – Certificate
- Attend mission trips to Mozambique and other areas
- Attend a mission training weekend at the Drakensberg
- The Kairos Mission course – Certificate
- Complete the Kairos Facilitator course – Certificate
- Level 1 First Aid courses – Certificate
- Basic marketing and business management skills
Learn the basics of:
- Basic skills training
- Cooking on a budget
- Learn how to fund raise
- Practical cooking sessions
- Finances and budgeting
- Health and food / nutrition
- Basics of using Microsoft Office
- Crafts, music, dance, praise and worship
- Building and repairing with limited resources
- Basic event organising
- Maintenance and mechanical issues that may arise
- Assist with projects and events that take place at the mission station
Each student with do the following tests to determine their areas of gifting and Job evaluation:
Love Language assessment, Temperament Assessment, Find out their God given Gifts, Be assessed for their maturity level emotionally.
Each day will be different, but may look like the following program:
- Quiet time and Bible reading
- Outdoor physical work at the project
- Each day will incorporate the above courses training
- Evenings will either be training or free time
- Once a month there will be an adventurous outing
- Each month there will also be opportunities for outreach trips and charity work
R50 000 a year which covers:
Accommodation, water and lights, all courses, certificates, outing a month, all meals and transport to events. Two compulsory mission trips – one local and one cross-border / International.
R4000 non-refundable registration fee for admin costs, and all branded items:
2 T-shirts, 1 golf shirt, hoodie, long sleeved T-shirt, hiking bag, bottle, journal, scarf and gloves and other admin/stationery items.
Each student can bring their own cold drink mix, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar for their room. Each student may bring their own iPad or laptop
Outings & Entertainment
Once a month there is an outing or activity. e.g. go-karting, hiking, white water rafting, camps, crafts, quad riding etc.
- Small tuck shop on site for sweet extras.
- Barge for river cruises
- Swimming pool
- Pool Table
- Games room, pool table & darts
- Bicycle riding (bring own bikes)
- Braai area
- Gym area
- Mini soccer field
Staff we have available:
- 2 Pastors in attendance
- Dr in Behavioural Sciences to teach
- 1 Conference Organiser
- A chef on hand to teach
- A Mechanical Engineer to teach
- Professional Dance and Singing instructress to teach
- Owners are very experienced Mission trainers
- Qualified Swimming Teacher to teach Life-saving
- Qualified Facilitators to teach theology courses
- Accredited CPR & First aid instructor
At the end of their GAP year, your young adult will walk away with many certificates to be used either in the Corporate or Christian environment. They will learn the values needed to persevere, work hard, take care of themselves, exercise discipline in following Jesus, in addition to gaining a huge insight into God’s heart for the Nations and their part or role in His Purpose for their lives.
Mission training – what we teach
- Interns are welcome to join IMPACT for a 10 month commitment.
- Open to all ages and race.
- References and application are required before acceptance.
- Free accommodation, only contribute towards food and assistance at the Mission Station.
- Assist with the training and care of the GAP year students.
- Join in on the mission trips and training of the students.
- Learn to Farm God’s Way to take into villages and rural areas as an outreach.
- Attend outreaches to locals, orphanages, cross border and other needs in the area.
082 855 0952