Informative and Adventurous GAP year!
IMPACT GAP 2021
AT IMPACT MISSION TRAINING, VAAL
THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:
To introduce and prepare young adults into ministry, missions and fulfilling their calling.
Term one 1 March – 30 May
Term two 2 August – 30 October
Due to Covid, students may not go home for the duration of three months. They will then go home for a two month break and return for a further three months. Strict Covid rules are in place at Impact and students are expected to adhere. Parents and family are welcome to stay at our accommodation on site, but again, with strict distant rules from their children.
Students are to be between the ages of 18 and 24 years of age. They are welcome to partake in other personal courses while at Impact.
During this year they will complete and take part in the following:
- Life-saving course
- Do a CPR Course – Certificate
- Assist with all chores around the station
- Farming God’s Way project – Certificate
- Complete the Alpha Course – Certificate
- Theory Missions training course – Certificate
- Attend mission trips to Mozambique and other areas
- Attend a mission training weekend at the Drakensberg
- The Kairos Mission course – Certificate
- Complete the Kairos Facilitator course – Certificate
- Level 1 First Aid courses – Certificate
- Basic marketing and business management skills
Learn the basics of:
- Basic skills training
- Cooking on a budget
- Learn how to fund raise
- Practical cooking sessions
- Finances and budgeting
- Health and food / nutrition
- Basics of using Microsoft Office
- Crafts, music, dance, praise and worship
- Building and repairing with limited resources
- Basic event organising
- Maintenance and mechanical issues that may arise
- Assist with projects and events that take place at the mission station
Each day will be different, but may look like the following program:
- Quiet time and Bible reading
- Outdoor physical work at the project
- Each day will incorporate the above courses training
- Evenings will either be training or free time
- Once a month there will be an adventurous outing
- Each month there will also be opportunities for outreach trips and charity work
R3000 a month for food, accommodation,
water and lights.
R1000 registration fee for admin costs, 1 t-shirt, 1 golf shirt, 1 hoodie and 1 cap, all branded.
Each student can bring their own cold drink mix, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar for their room. Each student to have their own iPad or laptop
Outings & Entertainment
Activities, courses and mission trips will be for your cost. You will be notified of their respective costs in advance.
Pocket money is to be given for an activity once a month.
- Small tuck shop on site for sweet extras.
- Barge for river cruises
- Swimming pool
- Pool Table
- Games room
with pool table & darts
- Bicycle riding (bring own bikes)
- Braai area
- Gym area
- Mini soccer field
Staff we have available:
- 2 Pastors in attendance
- Dr in Behavioural Sciences to teach
- Teambuilding specialist
2 Conference Organisers
- A chef on hand to teach
- A Mechanical Engineer to teach
- Professional Dance and Singing instructress to teach
- Owners are very experienced Mission trainers
- Accredited adventure guide
Qualified Swimming Teacher to teach Life-saving
- Qualified Facilitators to teach theology courses
- Accredited CPR & First aid instructor
Mission training – what we teach
- Interns are welcome to join IMPACT for a 10 month commitment.
- Open to all ages and race.
- Free accommodation, only contribute towards food and assistance at the Mission Station.
- Assist with the training and care of the GAP year students.
- Join in on the mission trips and training of the students.
- Learn to Farm God’s Way to take into villages and rural areas as an outreach.
- Attend outreaches to locals, orphanages, cross border and other needs in the area.
082 855 0952